|Dear High School Seniors,
The St. Ann Catholic Daughters of America 2684 is pleased to sponsor their second scholarship for graduating seniors of the 2021-2022 academic year.
The basic requirements for the scholarship are:
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded based on:
- Must be a practicing Catholic and active member of a Catholic Community
- Must know someone who is a member of Catholic Daughters of America (CDA) or Junior Catholic Daughters of America (JDCA) (you must provide their relationship to you, their name, their Court Name and Number, Court Location).
- Plan to attend a four-year or two-year institute of higher learning.
- Must complete the below scholarship application form by the deadline of April 15, 2022.
- Must participate in the interview process
Your Parish Activities must be signed off by your Parish Priest or Youth Minister. Your School Activities must be signed off by your School Counselor. You have the option of providing them with a list of your activities, and either:
- Parish Community Activities (25%)
- School Activities (25%)
- Essay and Interview (50%)
You can select one of the following essay topics (3,000 to 6,000 characters):
- Having them sign and date the list, and then you upload a copy with your application or
- Provide their Name and Email with this application, and we will email them asking for their sign off on the information that YOU previously provided to them.
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "inalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their creator. Which of these rights do you feel is the most important? What would happen if one of the three were removed from the Constitution? How do these rights coincide with your Christian beliefs?
We wish you the best and look forward to seeing your application.
The Bible establishes that human life is sacred in Genesis 1:27: "God created man in his image; in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." How do you measure the worth and significance of another human being? How do you demonstrate that in your interactions with others? Has your faith created a moral compass for you to follow?
Court Our Lady of Light
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW